Saturday, March 7, 2009

All's Quiet on this Western Front...

After a severe migraine attack yesterday at work.. resulting in a painful drive home... in surprisingly no traffic on a Friday afternoon...and a tumble into bed... and unconsciousness... after being greeted at the door by 4 concerned and helpful sons speaking ever so softly..
I am up before the birds this morning...having slept my life away!

The body is so good at protecting..and repairing.
Yesterday I could barely see..was barely coherent...and incapacitated...

Today I am rested and although my head feels a little rattled..like pain takes up so much space and when it's gone..the emptiness is a bit disconcerting..
I feel a bit hollow.

Nothing stirs here in my house.
The quiet is miraculous..soothing and much appreciated.

Dawn is breaking so much sooner these days and tomorrow is daylight savings...
Wow...
Although this last week looks like winter has fought back...
I know differently.
Spring is fast approaching...relentless... determined...

Thank God for seasons.
They save my sanity.
Like day turning into night turning into day..
They paint such a picture of life.
This too shall pass...
This too shall return...
Life wins!
To everything there is a season.

The silence of this morning fortifies my spirit...
Sometimes in the chaos that is my life..
I can't see the forest for the trees...

OR I focus on what is not happening..
What is not working..
What is absent...

Instead of what is.
What we have.
What we are.

Joy.
Today.
Thank God.
All I need for the day..
Is available.
No good thing...will I lack!

Beautiful.

And I know..
Since God is the same...unchanging...

That he is that for all.

Sufficient.

Mercy.
Comfort.
Strength.
Truth.
Compassion.
Hope.
Provision.
Peace.
Joy.
Love.

Enough.
For.
Today.

For.
Us.
All.


God is not in recession.

All's quiet here this morning...
A new day dawns.. it is breathtaking...
Be blessed...
Beloved.

1 comment:

  1. Thankful that the seasons change... and that He *never* changes. beautiful.-j

    ReplyDelete