Monday, July 11, 2011

Monday Wake-Up Call: B90Days Check-In #1

Monday's have a bad rap. It could simply be  because they follow on the heels of Sunday...and who can follow an act like that? I mean seriously, the playing field is definitely not level here!

Today, however, is my first B90days Check-in ! All the Mondays between now and October 8th will be progress reports from my weekly reading assignments. I am taking back Mondays reputation: it's make-over time!

We have lift off people!  I've got 16 Chapters of Genesis down...and many miles to go before the finish, 89 days from today!

There are two of us in our house taking up the B90Day Challenge. My DH signed up and was 899 on the list. Yesterday we got him all sorted with Tweetdeck and signed in with our mentor group: Group 51 with Shawntele from Rambling With Grace ! My younger sister is also taking up the challenge from beautiful Nova Scotia so I am really pumped to be doing it with family support!

Having walked with God my whole life, as well as having gone through three years of bible school, I have read through the bible many times. Every time I find it miraculous how ALIVE the Word truly is.
The  quickening the Holy Spirit does in my heart in response to the simple obedience of opening up the scriptures always humbles me.

Yesterday much needed rains came to Calgary. The clouds rolled in, dark and heavy and the heavens opened and it POURED. I had been gardening and attacking pesky dandelions in the backyard in the afternoon, commenting to my DH about the rock hard ground and how desperately we needed rain. Well, my prayers were answered. It came..in buckets! True to form, Calgary is never content with just one weather system, while it was still pouring over our neighborhood and to the east, the sun broke through in the west over the mountains.As soon as the sun beams hit my couch I took off for the front door,slipped on flip-flops, hurried out into the rain and sure enough : there it was: a massive rainbow: a full bow: blazing colour right over me.
A double bow was forming over the first, right before my eyes. I danced in the rain, reminded of the promises of God. I called my DH and sons...and we laughed and danced in the rain, like we do every time...because: more than science..and the colour spectrum...there is God...and we remember.



Reading through Genesis and the story of the flood I came across the First Rainbow Ever...a familiar passage..and stopped, stunned...

And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant I am making 
between me and you and every living creature with you, 
a covenant for all generations to come: 
I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign 
of the covenant between me and the earth. 
Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow 
appears in the clouds,  I will remember my covenant between 
me and you and all living creatures of every kind. 
Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. 
Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, 
I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God 
and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.”
 So God said to Noah, 
“This is the sign of the covenant I have established 
between me and all life on the earth.” 
~~ Genesis 9:12-17 NIV~~

God sees and remembers for every rainbow that appears on the earth.

The sign was for both of us : God and me.God and us.

I stood in the rain, I danced in the rain...I worshiped and laughed in the rain under the rainbow...
...remembering...
... God was remembering too...

At that moment we were both thinking the same thing!

I have chills!
Tears fill my eyes.
In this fallen world...with my limited reasoning and dying body...
I was thinking the same thing at the same time as my Creator!

His attention was on that Rainbow .... his eyes...his being... remembering...

I wonder if he saw me dancing?


No comments:

Post a Comment