Monday, November 7, 2011

Sacred Circumstances

 

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, 
to them who are the called according to his purpose."

~Romans 8:28

I didn't wake up this morning full of faith and wonder.

I didn't jump out of bed enthusiastically.

 I hauled myself to the coffee pot in a stupor.

I woke my baby boy (16) up and almost crawled back into bed.

Instead I reached for "My Utmost for His Highest"
The title of today's reading is:"The Undetected Sacredness of Circumstances".
The verse is Romans 8:28.

This week in my city a young woman was killed in a hit and run, a woman was murdered by her common law husband, a 23 year old young man killed two people while drunk driving.

On a small island in the Caribbean, a young boy who was missing for several weeks was found dead at the bottom of a cliff, his 55 year old killer is in custody.My mother who is there on a missions trip knows the family. She wrote asking for prayer for the victim's family and the killer.

The world is a mess.

Oswald Chambers puts this mess into perspective:

" Never put yourself in front of your circumstances and say: 'I'm going to be my own providence here; I will watch this closely, or protect myself from that.' All your circumstances are in the hands of God, and therefore you don't ever have to think they are unnatural or unique. Your part in intercessory prayer is not to agonize over how to intercede, but to use the every day circumstances and people God puts around you by His providence to bring them before His throne and to allow the Spirit in you the opportunity to intercede for them. In this way God is going to touch the world with His saints... I must keep my conscious life as a sacred place for the Holy Spirit...then as I lift different ones through prayer, the Holy Spirit intercedes for them. Without that intercession, the lives of others would be left in poverty and ruin."

It's Monday morning, what are you facing today...this week?

Are you overwhelmed? Hurting? Sick? Defeated? Broken? Afraid?

Have you lost sight of God?

Have you discovered that trying to be positive is not enough ?

Trusting in the character of your Creator is a whole different ball of wax. 

Your circumstances have not escaped His notice. They are sacred.

He is with you in them. Always.

His thoughts are not our thoughts....His ways are not our ways...

Today, I am allowing Him to change how I think.
I lay down my opinions about my circumstances and consequently how I behave is altered.
My thoughts and my ways subject to His.


I don't have to know what He knows. I only have to know Him : That is enough.

If you need prayer today leave a comment and we'll turn together to the One who intercedes on our behalf.

He does all things well. That is the truth.

4 comments:

  1. Oh what beauty in your words! Thank you for this, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be thinking about this all day! Thanks you for these words! Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a great a peaceful reminder of who is in control! (: Thank you for writing this and sharing! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Wendy: desperately seeking God one moment at a time! {hugs}

    @Grace: {HUGS} right back. Thanks for stopping in and for your encouragement!

    @Kim: He is in control, and holds all thing together by His powerful word! Peace indeed!

    ReplyDelete