Friday, May 20, 2011

Obsessed


Obsess.
Obsessive.
Obsessed.


“To have the mind excessively preoccupied with a single emotion or topic.”
“To have the mind excessively preoccupied 
with a single emotion or topic.”
“To have the mind 
excessively preoccupied 
with a single emotion or topic.”

Not a word I am used to applying in a positive frame.

Used sporadically throughout my life to point out inappropriate amounts of time
spent by others on things unapproved by yours truly.


" You're so obsessed with that_____________"

Fill in the blank.
Mood and voice tone and facial expression choices available:

1. Sharp, biting and superior
2. Low, muttering and self-pitying
3. Loud, criticizing and stormy
4. Tearful,reproachful and abject
5. Threatening, last-chance,ultimatum

The list is endless.
I'm sure there are others.
Feel free to insert your own mood, tone and facial expression as best befits your circumstances.

Today I discovered ( yes I am that slow) that there are only two obsession options on the planet.
They relate to everyone breathing.
No exceptions.

Option # 1:

G O D

Option # 2:

me


C R A Z Y

I know what a life obsessed with myself looks like.
I.KNOW.

I am presently embarking on a journey of developing, and living...acting upon...practicing...
moment by moment...step by tortuous step...  step by gloriously, liberating step....
 a magnificent obsession with Jesus.

Which means in layman's terms...

SOMETHINGS GOTTA GIVE

that something is me.

I want to live like there's no room for anything else. 


His name.
His fame.
His glory.
His reward.

Our God...is a consuming fire...
He reigns in all the earth.
~~Hebrews 12:29~~

I step out upon the path...I need no tunic...no purse...
No safety net.
He will supply and satisfy.
This is the air I breathe.
Come on....

Just.
Start.
Walking.


No comments:

Post a Comment