Thursday, December 29, 2011

This Second and the One After That

Ok.
I confess.
I took our Christmas Tree down on Boxing Day.
It was out the back door by 9:11 am MST and I was thoroughly enjoying my coffee and Bailey's on the couch by 9:12.

So shoot me.

The week between Christmas and New Years is one of my favorite times of the year.

I get to reflect and anticipate simultaneously.

It is a wonderful thing, these seven days at the end of December.

My bedroom is a disaster around me as I type: in the process of being organized and moved around.

Change is good.

A new calendar (home made by moi) hangs on the wall behind my desk: proclaiming January 2012.

OMGosh !!!

Eighty-sixing this past year is going to be a joy.
Deep sixing the mistakes, days of despair, nights drenched in fear and loathing will be a pleasure.

2011 will never be forgotten. The paths traveled, decisions made and lessons learned are indelibly imprinted deep within my psyche. (I can't remember signing up for some of those classes)

The year ahead waits with bated breath to begin. The path is unmarked. The silence soothes my soul.

The canvas is stretched, white and waiting.
The color palate rich and vast.

Life becomes more infinitely precious with each passing year.

Minutes and seconds are gold... my life is measured within them.

Begin.
Again.
Start.
Anew.

NOW

In the next second or minute a life changes irrevocably. A corner is turned, a door shut..or opened.
One step after the other, one choice leading to another...that is what creates the story of a life.

Seconds. Minutes. Hours. Days. Months.Years.

As this week passes, and the year with it, celebrate your starts as much as your successes.
Leave your failures in the dust and carry with you only the priceless lessons learned.

The next second is yours to live....and the next after that.
The year will follow....as it always does.

Blessings from my heart to yours....


5 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. I love tht fresh day planner like crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way with words. I am definitely dusting all the "crap" of 2011 off my sandals and now I am facing 2012 with hope and anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Life with Kaishon: A fresh Journal, a fresh Calendar..a fresh planner...renewed hope and dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Michelle....Dust it off Girl!!! It's a new day...Looking forward to more coffee dates !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Confession: I hung our new 2012 calendar last week and have been gazing at it in anticipation, longing for Sunday morning and the start of a fresh new year!

    Love these words ... thank YOU for sharing!

    {hugs}

    ReplyDelete