Thursday, February 3, 2011

Here Comes the Light....

There is a day that comes every year.
A day where my heart leaps...
My breath catches ...
and a huge grin..
I mean HUGE...
H.U.G.E..
I am talking GINORMOUS people...
... stretches from ear to ear across my face.

I cannot contain it.

The funny thing is...that this day just randomly comes.
I can't predict when it will happen..it just does.

It happened to arrive this year on February 1st, 2011.
I became aware of it's arrival at supper time.
I was seating myself, preparing to dive into supper..
We were having Shepherd's Pie...Yum!
Then it happened...
...everything went still as I gazed out the window...
Honestly...
I think I stopped breathing for a minute.
My chair flew out and I rushed to the window to make sure of what I was seeing...
COULD IT BE TRUE?
YEs!
yes...YeS...yEs...Y.E.S....
( hApPy DaNcE inserted here! )

IT WAS STILL DAYLIGHT AS WE WERE SITTING DOWN TO SUPPER !

 It happens every year..
The day arrives that gives me strength to endure the possibility of three ( or 4) more months of snow..
(I do live in Alberta people)
It might not be a warm day...it might be snowing like mad...we could be at -40 with a windchill too low to comprehend..
All of that doesn't matter...

The Light has returned !
Every day dawn breaks earlier and sunset arrives a little later....
It actually feels like a war has been won.
Like the dawn physically pushes pack the night....
Like the light of day resists the coming night....and throws its many colors against the sky in defiance.
This is why I love the coming Spring...in all it's messy-ness..and temper tantrums..

It is the return of the Light.

There is debris all around and the winter storms have not been kind...
The landscape is scarred and battered.

But nothing compares to the Light.

Light wins.

...and it brings with it...

Joy.
Hope.
Anticipation.
Renewal.
Life...

I made it through.

Look carefully at the horizon today....
Wait for it...
Let the dawn break upon you and wash away the dregs of darkness...

Shout into its beauty with hope and faith...

It's a new day..
... a new season coming...

Here comes the Light!

3 comments:

  1. Ok...will try this again. I read your blog love, and tonight it was still light outside @ 6:04pm...amazing...spring is coming...or, it's just getting lighter out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I get excited every year when it's 4:30 and still light out!

    ReplyDelete