Friday, October 14, 2011

#FF: Follow If You Dare

Horseshoe Canyon, Drumheller, Alberta
In the magical "Land of Twitter" it is Follow Friday.
A day where you recommend  @soandso or #shessogr8.

It kind of reminds me of a school yard where you stand on the sidelines and try to look nonchalant as you dig your toes in the sand, twirl your pigtail and try not to look desperate.

Who wants to be the last picked?
What if they want even teams and I'm the odd girl out?
Who has the power, and have I done anything to make them choose someone else over me?

I think one of the greatest fears we have during our life span is that of feeling invisible.
We fear that our significance, accomplishments or our impact is not worth mentioning.

Have you ever felt like shouting:

Does anybody see me? Is anybody listening? Do I make a difference?

I've been asked the question a few times in my life:
Are you a leader or a follower?
Everybody knows the only answer to give is : Leader {duh}
It seemed to me that in this context, follower always meant..easily led, no initiative, lacking something.

I disagree:  I am both follower and leader.
You are both.
We all follow. We all lead.
Whether we admit it or not.
We are influenced, and we influence.

For me personally, both characteristics revolve around one person:  Jesus Christ.
 He, by far, has the most Klout in my life. His reach and influence stretches into eternity.


Back when I was a young child, I made a commitment to follow Jesus.
My mother led me straight into his loving arms and I have never been the same !
It is a decision I have never regretted.
I have never 'un-followed' and he's never left or forsaken me.
The greatest attribute in my life is His grace, which is an extension of His love, and that love never fails.

As I matured and gained confidence and skills, I became a leader.
Second only to following Jesus, the most significant role I will ever have is one that leads others to follow Him as well.

So today...my #FF recommendation is @JesusChrist :
Once you decide to follow him I know you'll never regret it!

RT #FF @JesusChrist {i heart jesus}#John316

Follow if you dare!

{P.S : There are loads of lovely bloggers out there who are encouraging and who also follow Jesus.
I know because I have clicked the follow button on your page. (grin). If you are one of those visiting here today drop me a comment. I always love hearing your heart and seeing the love of God poured out to you and through you. If you are new here leave your blog addy and I will hop over and visit!}

6 comments:

  1. Great thoughts on following the most important and influencial person ever. So truely life changing. Thank you for sharing this today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this!!!
    I do not participate in the #FF, although I do thank those who suggest me. I think it was started to be a way to really recommend someone you value, unfortunately it has turned into how many people's names can I fit in this tweet. Does anyone even really read them anymore?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Lori: You are so welcome! Thanks for stopping by.

    @shawntele: When something is so overdone it loses it's value. So much gets lost in the madness and the sheer volume ! I love your heart sister/friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post and so very true! We are never invisible to Him and that is all that really matters! Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely ever read a FF. Now, if someone tweets something like "so and so is an awesome friend, you should follow her for inspiration" or something like that, I am more apt to notice it and possibly follow. I am honored when people use me as a FF, though, and think it's wonderful. I just don't usually pay much attention.

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Janelle I do the same thing when someone makes a specific recommendation and says it will give me inspiration or encouragement. Thanks for dropping in.

    ReplyDelete