Monday, August 1, 2011

B90Days: Under Grace for the Gory of God

It was a bloody read this week. 
A head-banging against the wall kind of read.
A what-ever-were-they-thinking kind of read. 
An...oh my gosh..am I like them kind of read.

It is easy to say we are not under law but under grace...and thus excuse ourselves.



But I ask myself this week...what is the grace for?

I see Joshua, Gideon, Samson, Samuel, Saul, David.
I see gifts, talents, graces and annointing.

I see arrogance, idolatry, witchcraft, disobedience, lusts, murder.I see blessings, cursing....destruction and re-birth.


I see turning away.
I see turning back.


GOD GIVES GRACE.
GOD GIVES LIFE. 
GOD GIVES VICTORY.
GOD. GIVES. 
GOD.

It starts with him.It ends with him.

I am breathing...Just Breathing..by the grace of God.


In him I live and move and have my being.


Why?


The scriptures tell me why.


Plainly.


To give Him Glory:
to make His Glory known.

It's all about Him.


It's when I worship myself..the work of my hands...
When the gifts I have been given...start magnifying me..

Of all creation...we...
who are made in God's image...
wrestle for that glory.
We deny Him and take it for ourselves.


That's when it gets bloody.
That's when all hell breaks loose.


I walked without pain this week.
I went on a bike ride !
I slept without pain for the first time in two  years.
My x-rays say it shouldn't be so.
I cling...to the One who is able...to do exceedingly ..abundantly above all I could ever ask or think!
No because of my abilities..or even my faith...


The life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God
who loved me and gave his life for me.
~~ Gal 2:20 ~~


His faith.
His sacrifice.
His ransom.
His reward.


David...a man after God's own heart. 
Sinned.
What God gave him was not enough.
He saw. He took. He murdered.
Nathan said to him : You despised the Lord.


And yet...he turned: He returned.
He never took glory for himself.
His wins...were God's wins.
The Glory belonged to God alone!

Salvation belongs to our God.


Sola Del Gloria


I live...we live...by the Grace of God...

My purpose...our purpose 
....is to show...share...spread...proclaim....

His Glory to the ends of the earth.

I live to make His Name Glorious!!! 
...by His Grace alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment