Thursday, August 18, 2011

Draw Me and I Will Run


It's been a rough couple of days.
When there are situations and circumstances that surround 
and seemingly invade what I call my normal, 
I am reminded again that I am dust.
Not in a worthless way...but in a God breathed way.
I remember as I lie on my bed: tears streaming, mind questioning...
body rebelling, that I am I am ordained.: 
The creator purposed. in his heart and mind that I would BE...
and so I am !
All He does is intended for good and yet we stray so far
in our belief about  his character.

Our questions start out like: 

How could God?
Or
Why would he?

and end up with statements like:

"I could never serve a God who...."




The answer is simple:


Because He wrote the book on the whole of existence.
Beginning to end. 


The fact that we have dictionaries full of definitions doesn't give us the perspective of truth.
We live bound by time, and physicality.
And we fear those limits.
Thus we eclipse God himself with our version of reality. 
The moon covering the glory of the sun.
The moon that has no light of it's own but only the power to reflect.
In this season of pain and the limits my inability to work puts on our finances...
I will talk to you of treasure:
Sons serving...and seeking God
Hungry for His truth in a culture that declares truth subjective.
Trusting Him as their mother lies medicated in her bed.
A husband praying...devouring the word : for LOVE not answers.
Holding and blessing and carrying...
Hearts captivated by faithfulness...
A steadfast love that endures forever.
The state of a body does not define Him.
The levels in a bank account are no frame of reference to His provision.

He is ALL in ALL.

The Song of Solomon (Songs)  is fast approaching in my reading schedule:


The words whisper through my mind and take up lodging in my mouth, emerging as a cry...

"Draw me and I will run...."
Song of Songs 1:4

With movement limited by pain, and finances limiting travel :
I am discovering that my heart has no limits.
It surges forward like the tide, like the clouds over the horizon....

"He has made everything beautiful in its time.
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; 
yet they cannot fathom what God has done 
from beginning to end."
Ecclesiastes 3:11

God never changes. 
Never.Ever.

He is ever calling us, ever drawing us, ever desiring us...
to Himself...for Himself....

Today, I step forward...deep calling unto deep....


..and I find myself running....

Have you seen my beloved ?


I you knew him....you'd be running too !


No comments:

Post a Comment