Sunday, July 10, 2011

B90Days...Summer 2011 Edition



Most of us think of summer as a time to relax, kick off your shoes and throw away the rigid schedule of the school year.(and it is!) The days are longer and hotter, there is no *shhh* "white stuff" on the ground. Working on your tan takes little to no effort at all: just a strolling out to the back deck with an iced coffee or frosty glass of lemonade.Birds are singing, flowers blooming, sun blazing...it's "chill time", but here I am, about to embark on the strenuous challenge of reading the entire bible in 90 days flat. Yikes!

 Starting tomorrow, Monday, July 11, 2001, I will be picking up my bible early in the morning and completing the days reading assignment on my back deck with coffee in hand. I am soooo excited.You can find the challenge described here at Mom's Toolbox.

Forget those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer. There are almost 1000 people across the US and Canada and beyond taking up the bible and reading it from cover to cover in just 90 days! ( insert happy dance!)

One of the exciting things about B90Days is that all of us newbies have been assigned mentors who have gone through the challenge successfully before us. These mentors will be reading through AGAIN and encouraging us along the way. Using various social media options like Facebook and twitter ( #B90Days) and even personal emails they will cheer us on, hold our hands and pray with us as we make our way through the Holy Word of God in 90 days.

My friend Shawntele at Rambling With Grace first introduced me to B90Days back in the spring. Listening to her share her experiences and struggles and joyous encounters with God throughout the process truly inspired me to take up the challenge.She is part of the B90Days Spring 2011 Grads.and I am so excited that she is my mentor for this amazing journey.

I have read the bible through many times. I have been falling in love with the word of God again in this season of my life. B90Days is really pushing me to see again from cover to cover the miracle of the entire WORD. I am looking forward to seeing God move and hearing him speak. Sharing with others, online and in community as we go through the Word together will make it all the more meaningful.

So, I stand at the edge, eagerly anticipating the work the Holy Spirit will accomplish as we begin this journey together.The Word was, The Word is, The Word will be...

Jesus the Living Word make yourself real as I walk through the written word... breathe life and establish your kingdom  deep within... 

No comments:

Post a Comment