Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Desperate...Hungry...Thirsty


There was a book I read years ago by Dr.Fereydoon Batmanghelidj titled:
" Water: For Health, For Healing, For Life: You're Not Sick,You're Thirsty!"
It was a fantastic read from cover to cover but one significant piece of information stood out from everything else. The ramifications of this truth had strong repercussions on my spiritual walk. Dr.B stated, after long years of research,(and I paraphrase):


The longer you go without drinking the water 
your body needs on a daily basis,
the less you will be able to tell when you are thirsty. 
By the time you are in your 70's, you could be 
dehydrated and dying of thirst  
and still not reach for 
a glass of water on the night stand.


It is possible to lose the sense of being thirsty
...and DIE...
...with the remedy right at your fingertips !





" Blessed are those who hunger and thirst 
after righteousness, for they shall be filled."
~~ Matthew 5:6 ~~
Being a believer is not enough.
The demons believe and tremble:

"You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that--and shudder."
~~ James 2:19 NIV ~~

 I am commanded to Love:


Jesus replied:  
“‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 
This is the first and greatest commandment. 
And the second is like it: 
Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 
All the Law and the Prophets 
hang on these two commandments.”
~~ Matthew 22:37-40 ~~

Consider these If/Then statements:

If I love God...
I will be DESPERATE FOR HIM.
If I truly believe Jesus is the son of God...
I will HUNGER & THIRST FOR HIM.
If I confess Jesus is Lord to the Glory of God the Father.....
I will be LOST WITHOUT HIM.
If I pick up my cross daily and follow Him...
I will LOVE OTHERS, EVERYONE, EVEN MY ENEMIES !

This is the fruit of the Holy Spirit... the testimony of His work within me...

So..the million $$$ question is...

Am I?

Desperate, hungry, thirsty...lost without Him..
a lover of neighbors...of enemies?

Paul  encouraged the church at Philippi saying this:

"Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--not only in my presence, 
but now much more in my absence--
continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,"
for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order 
to fulfill his good purpose.
~~Philippians 2:12 NIV~~


Today...I stand in awe..of the One who made me...and I thirst...

I thirst...for the Living Water...
I drink...and I am satisfied !


No comments:

Post a Comment