Monday, August 15, 2011

B90Days: Love = Obedience





= equals =





I asked myself the question this week:

Do I hate sin?
 It's quite a question.
Well...
I can tell you this: I want to hate sin: badly! 

In this day and age people say the term "sin" is subjective; that it depends on the person and the perspective. 

Aleister Crowley, an occultist and Satan worshiper put it this way:

" Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law."


Sound..or look familiar?

We live in an age where : Everyone is doing what is right in their own eyes...


SIN.


But let me be very clear.... the One who decides...
{And FYI: that's neither me nor you nor the guy down the street }
He said:
Sin = Enmity with God.
It is God alone who defines sin.
~Not a friend.
~Not another believer.
~Not an atheist.
~Not a spouse.
~Not a leader.

The filter for all of life is God's character.
So..we are either for or against God at any given moment.
The problem is...we don't pause to inquire after God.
Israel's whole existence was meant to be defined by that inquiry.
"What does God want us to do?"
"What would bring Him glory?"
"How can we make His name great among the nations?"




 Today our culture influences our choices...
more than our God does.


 So if I choose to filter all my choices through His character....I wonder...


Would I purchase differently ?
Would I play differently ?
Would I talk differently ?
Would I work differently?
Would I dress differently?
Would I eat/drink differently?
Would I watch what I watch?
Would I listen to the same music?

There are two things that stand out to me 
as I continue to read at speed through the OT:

1. Sin is still sin.

2. God is still God.


{{Gulp }}


Insert: FEAR OF THE LORD MOMENT HERE => => =>


I know Jesus came.
I know we are under Grace.
But I also know that my Grace Filled Savior still hates sin.
I know we have failed and continue to fail.
I know we cannot earn salvation...
It is free....
The perfect sacrifice was made..the price paid. 
Love won.
Thanks- be-to-God! 


But..

Working out that salvation...and it NEEDS working out...involves fear and trembling:


Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed--
not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence--
continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,
~~ Philippians 2:12 ~~
I need to seek God. I NEED to!
I need to discover and understand His character.
He is the standard/the filter.
I need to LOVE..I must love..because His love directed first towards me..compels me to love! 
I do love!!!!!!!
And if I love.
I obey.
I OBEY.
LOVE= OBEDIENCE
Repent.
AND.SIN.NO.MORE.
 Jesus said:

" If you love me, you will keep my commands."
~~ John 14:15 ~~

The more time I spend in the Word and in prayer and in PURSUIT of God...
Seeking after Him with all my heart...
The more I WANT to obey!
I know obedience is the ONLY way.
I know: It's not by might...nor power..but by the Spirit of God that I can do anything!


I want to be good...because He is good.
I want to be Righteous..because He is..and I walk in Him. His righteousness is my covering.
I want to be faithful because He is.


I want to seek Him.
I want to know Him.
i want to obey Him.
I want to reflect Him.
I want to bring Him glory.

I want...what He wants!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my word....
    this is perfection.
    Thought provoking, challenging, inspiring....

    I am so, so, so happy that I found your blog through Shawntele.
    Your heart for the Lord comes out of every word that you write...

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you drop in Meredith! Be blessed and filled today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am linking this post to my (brand new) weekly series "Make me Think Thursdays" this week.

    Here is the link to the post:
    http://journey2authenticity.blogspot.com/2011/08/make-me-think-thursday-2nd-edition.html

    Have a blessed day. I hope that your pain has gone away!

    ReplyDelete